Friday, 12 August 2016

a little bit vintage

I'm not sure if its my age or a fascination with bygone days but I do love a bit of vintage. I think it stems from my grandmother and counting buttons from her button jar and pairing up her knitting needles at a young age. But I do love vintage knitting needles and associated accessories such as my collection of bakelite beehive wool holders. I love the fact that someone else has knitted garments for their loved ones using these needles and now I'm doing the same.



So when a lovely resident contacted me via Facebook this week because she'd read my plea for knitters and crocheters for the sixty million trebles project I rushed over there to pick them up. Oh what a lovely collection of knitting needles that are now proudly all mine.


I couldn't wait to use them, my husband saw that cheeky glint in my eye. So when he climbed the stairs for bed last night I cast on a new snood. Not just any snood, but a Debbie Bliss Rialto Chunky big hug of a snood for the lady that gave me the needles. So we shall name this snood Denise!

snood in progress

4 comments:

Marlene jones said...

Lucky you, I keep an eye out in our local second hand shops.

mamasmercantile said...

Wow, what an amazing gift. They are lovely and great that they can continue to be used.

Amanda Hurrell Eight-by-Six said...

I do too but these are beautiful and I'm enjoying using one pair

Amanda Hurrell Eight-by-Six said...

It was a lovely gift and such a lovely lady too