Skip to main content

another granny square blanket

Whilst I wait for seedlings to emerge (4 varieties of tomato plants sown last weekend) I am still busy making granny squares for my own blanket. I actually like the fact the weather has changed and is back to April showers so that I can sit in front of the tv and add more squares. Last night I managed to add a few more and I've now joined 82, not many more to go but still some to crochet, sew in the ends before joining. I guess I will have it finished this month. Another WIP complete, great stuff. Did you know you can also follow me on Pinterest and Instagram

Almond blossom in my garden


Last Friday we had a trip to London (Covent Garden) and then onto the O2 to see Rick Astley, hightlight of our year as it was the third concert. Loved his new song Keep on Singing and he played some new tracks from his album 50 released in June and some of his classic 80s. Danced and danced and sang out of tune, had the best fun ever!

love these tiles in the tube station

I still have a baby cardigan to sew up, two trendychales to finish, another granny stripe blanket and last years summer sleeveless jumper. I might just get on and finished the cotton jumper first, I did cast on for the front over the weekend and I have to admit I hate the yarn (Sirdar Cotton DK) but I'll continue then try to find another pattern or change my needle size, my tension looks wrong but would look ok using normal DK yarn. Does anyone else suffer with this problem knitting with cotton?

Anyway the weekend is almost here and my task will be to sew the baby cardigan, block and add a button and crochet some more squares. But I do plan to see the bluebells at Cobham Woods on Sunday morning, love that smell. I'll leave you now with some pictures of my granny square blanket.

granny blanket in progress
each time you see different colours
glorious granny squares
more granny squares

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Beautiful blanket, love the colours. We have planted a couple of varieties of tomato seed this year and are ready to go outside but the awful weather here at the moment is not conducive to healthy plants or wanting to be outside in the garden.
Your blanket is looking fabulous, I love the smoky blue border cour.
Jillxo
Ingrid K. said…
Hi Amanda,

What a lovely blanket, great colour combination in neutral shades!

Must have been fun to go to the concert, you gotta enjoy yourself!

Have a great weekend!
Ingrid xx
Myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be
A lovely blanket, love the colours you used xx

Popular posts from this blog

Denim Daisy Granny Square construction

And here it is all finished last Friday, just in time for a heat wave! Seriously I do love this jumper and it fits so well with a white t shirt underneath, jeans and flip flops. Just waiting for the cold spell so that I can wear it out (rather than around the garden when its cooled down in the evenings!). I haven't written a pattern as such just some helpful notes from my pad. If people want to know how to construct one have added some notes below. As you know the Daisy Granny Square is the design of Sue Pinner from her book  Granny Squares published 2013. I do love Sue's book, its packed with so many projects and ideas and the photos are beautiful. The daisy granny square pattern is quite addictive and you soon have a small pile of them in no time! I have an idea to make another one for the autumn in the same Debbie Bliss Rialto DK yarn but all edged in shade 90 honey, I have enough in my stash. Construction  Notes:  You need to make 18 granny squa

cables without the cables (Birch Trees scarf)

Earlier this year I came across this lovely Birch Trees Scarf knitting pattern over at Hand Knitted Things . Its one of those patterns that you just have to try because its so pretty and very practical and looks far more intricate and complicated than the 4 row pattern suggests. I like to call it cables without the cables, such a clever pattern thank you Julia Marsh.  I'm knitting mine on vintage no. 7 needles (kindly given to me by my mother-in-law) and using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino charcoal out of my yarn stash that was meant to be for Ian's scarf! shh don't tell him! I use DB yarn all the time, picking up bargains in John Lewis and eBay but its the first time I've knitted with Cashmerino, and it isn't going to be the last. It gives you great stitch definition and the softest yarn ever, I love it. So here is my scarf in progress. It has been sitting in my car waiting to be loved again after I accidentally knitted the moss stitch border wrong. I know ho

My granny tee is finished

You might remember this post from about ten days ago, well I've now finished my 4th granny tee and I'm currently finishing off my fifth one this week that I stared last year (oops). Indigo Blue came about when I took delivery of my Scheepjes Skies mini skien box (heavy/aran) and I'm in love with this yarn! I was sitting watching a film when I had the sudden urge to crochet another Granny Tee by Sarah (aka annaboos house) The mini skeins are perfect and I ended up using two boxes plus a larger 100g skein for the sleeves and joining. It has amazing drape and the colours are a subtle shift of indigo that is going to look fabulous over a white t shirt with jeans and flip flops. Perfect partnership and so bang on trend for the tie dye look that's about for festivals for this summer.  The total cost was around GBP35 not including delivery and I think for a custom made jumper that's not a bad price. I measured it as I added rows then I added side slits to my g