Monday, 25 January 2016

Sunday morning Blueberry jam


Sunday morning blueberry jam, so quick, so easy, so delish! Goes so well with un cut white bread and a cup of tea.





blueberry jam


Here is the recipe.

Ingredients

  • 375 grams blueberries

  • 200 grams caster sugar

  • 50 ml water

Method
Put the blueberries in a pan with 50ml water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until the berries burst, soften and release their juice.

  1. Add the sugar, stir until dissolved, then boil for 10 minutes.

  2. Pour into 1 large or 2 small sterilised jars, leave to cool, then cover and chill.

Progress on my second granny square blanket, colours are so lovely and its so relaxing putting them together.

glorious grannies


my husband made a bird table to go in the community orchard at the end of our road, lovely to give something back and its been quite a talking point over the past day on our local Face Book page! I'm going to add the hanging feeder with my off cuts of yarn from both my granny blankets and my last one. Not quite yarn bombing but in with my yarn theme.
 

Sunday afternoon installing the new bird table


8 comments:

Pam said...

Thank you for the jam recipe, I have blueberries in the freezer, by the end of the day they will be jam in the larder. I must do the same with my raspberries, I have a freezer drawer full of them and I love raspberry jelly. I put all my yarn trimmings out for the birds, when the leaves drop I have multicoloured nests adorning the hedge and trees.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a good idea to put the yarn trimming out for the birds. I could just eat some nice jam on some buttered toast, I have some blackberries in the freezer. The jam I made late last year as all gone, it is definitely moreish...

Amanda Hurrell Eight-by-Six said...

That's great that you have blueberries in your freezer to make jam today, it tastes so lovely and the colour is so inky blue

Amanda Hurrell Eight-by-Six said...

Oh you must make some more with your blueberries in the freezer, I'm going to make more next weekend x

mrsnesbitt said...

Reading this has reminded me we have lots of raspberries in the freezer - I had completely forgotten about them. Think I'll have a go at teaching myself to crochet - I LOVE those colours. Very much heather on the moors.

Amy at love made my home said...

Your jam and squares do go together most beautifully don't they! xx

Mitzi said...

Lovely photo's Amanda. I have kept all my little tail ends from projects I just need to purchase something to put them in where the birds can get access to them. What you have looks just the ticket. Will have to check the garden centre this weekend.

Leslie Lim said...

This is really interesting and knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it a lot. Please do more blogs in the future. Thank you and God bless to the blogger!

www.imarksweb.org