Monday, 6 July 2015

My Sunday


I started the day with my Sunday 8 am swim, first one in the pool, I love that. The water looked so inviting despite the heavy rain outside. I got soaked walking back to the car.

cut flowers

My mornings workout was followed by cleaning, another workout and a nice tidy house but not for long. I moved the dining room table around, cut some ladies mantle from the front garden. All that rain and its flopped a bit. Looks great with my Lidl sweet Williams! Then onto cleaning daisy, covered in Saraha dust by the looks of it!

summer knitting

A spot of knitting, a new wash cloth in my favourite cotton yarn.

Ladies Mantle to soften the driveway

And now off to the flicks to see Arnie with a walk around Medway Marina in the evening sunshine

St. Mary's Island Chatham
Boat filled with flowers



Boats in the dry dock


salad growing in the Ikea metal trug

cues almost ready

a little bird cage

new shorts, my only pair!

 

6 comments:

Mitzi said...

Looks like to had a lovely weekend in between rain showers. It was a glorious day here on Saturday a little overcast yesterday morning but following a light shower it was back to glorious sunshine again. Did you get the thunder storms? We did I love watching them it came to us in the wee small hours and we were all up watching the skies turn to brilliant colour purple as the lightening came.

mamasmercantile said...

I love the metal trug and the bird cage, they really enhance a very pretty garden.

Jo said...

It sounds like a lovely day, apart from the cleaning. Cucumbers ready all ready, wow. Mine are only just starting, mind you, my plants aren't up to much this year, I don't think they enjoyed the cool spring.

Marlene jones said...

I love it when the cleaning is done, I got up early on Saturday and did top to bottom, I felt great all weekend.

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

I love that yarn, what brand is it ? Do you sell these or gift them ? They're lovely x

Amanda Hurrell Eight-by-Six said...

Hi Jill the yarn is discontinued, I do sell the finished wash cloths in my Etsy shop or you can email me directly