Tuesday, 3 February 2015

a light dusting of snow



I woke up this morning, it was still dark but snowing! Yes in Kent we have had a little share of snow. Well we did have some on Saturday afternoon but that went away whilst it was snowing. Its lovely to see fresh snow, it makes the whole place look so different and magical. The trouble is it also brings misery to us commuters who have to drive to work, it took me double the amount of time to drive about 16 miles but no snow where I work, just lots of cars on the road. But we have more on the way, up to 4 inches maybe, lets see what tomorrow morning brings.


8 comments:

Joanne Wilson said...

I agree it does make the place a little more magical. We haven't had any here. A pity as I like the way it makes the garden look fresh & clean. x

Mitzi said...

It was snowing again this morning and I did wonder if I would have to turn back. We seem to have brilliant sunshine at the moment. I think mother nature is a little confused.

Jo said...

I love to see snow when it's fresh on the ground but I hate going out in it. We've got sunshine today, it's lovely to see a blue sky for a change. By the way, I showed Eleanor the blackberry stitch beanie you'd knit and she did like it. I've just has a yarn order delivered for it so I shall get on with it for her.

mamasmercantile said...

We too have finally had a sprinkling of snow but no grit/salt in sight.

Bridget said...

It was lovely this morning before it was disturbed. The boys have had a great day making snowmen and a snowdog!!
It isn't so great when you have to drive in it though :-(

Angel Jem said...

I'm with Jo; snow is lovely as long as I don't have to go out in it!

Amy at love made my home said...

It is amazing what that little sprinkle can do isn't it! xx

Christine said...

Dear Amanda,
thank you so much for your friendly comment you left at my place!
Your blog is really great too. I scrolled through the last two pages and I am smitten by all your beautiful crochet projects.
best wishes
Christine