Saturday, 7 February 2015

a family of hats

I finished my sisters beanie hat on Thursday night, the colour is perfect, aqua green/blue. The colour really suits the blackberry stitch and the best thing is my sister loved it, phew.

I drove away from my sisters house last night singing along to Luther Vandross with a smile on my face, its satisfying  giving a hand made gift and knowing the recipient appreciated it. I now have a request from Megan (my niece) and luckily I'd already bought the wool in anticipation that she'd like it too! Hers will be in denim blue for the fashion conscious 18 year old. And her sister Yasmin will be receiving one in grey, but she doesn't know it yet. A whole family of knitted hats, that's cute.

8 comments:

Marlene jones said...

Lovely knitting

Angel Jem said...

That's cool. The hats look really good!

mamasmercantile said...

There is nothing like a hand crafted gift, made with love. I loved the aqua colour of the hat.

Moochka said...

Fantastic hat!

Gail Gunnoe said...

Hi just found a link for your blog, from Jo at Through the keyhole, cool hat! I am going to take a look at the pattern. My daughter would like that one. Your blankets look lovely too, nice colors. :)

Amy at love made my home said...

It really is a great hat!! xx

Jennifer said...

I love this hat. I wish I could knit!

Wainwright and Wright.Co said...

That's a great pattern, the yarn really makes the stitch stand out - no wonder you now have more requests!
Caz xx