Thursday, 7 August 2014

Granny stripe blanket is finished

On Monday night during Lights Out I finished my granny stripe blanket and I love it! And so does Ian when I asked him to model it, its a huge snuggly blanket and I need some cold weather to be able to use it! I started it back in October, it was neglected for about 3 months then the border completed this week. I'm now working on blanket no. 3, a blanket for my sister for Christmas plus a baby knitted blanket that's more portable. The lighting was poor by the time I'd finished at 11pm so I need to take more photos in daylight this week so you can see the colours and stripes. I opted for two rows or granny stripe for the edging plus the final row of DC in Pomegranate and I think it finishes it off well without being too fussy or frilly. Its a blanket that the boys can use too (if I let them!)

I've added some photos taken on Saturday morning in Canterbury at Brunch, a nice little cosy restaurant with free wifi and they serve locally produced sausages that are yummy. The mocha was lovely too and served in a warmed glass, a nice touch. We then did a spot of shopping and visited my parents for lunch.



granny stripe blanket ta da moment!

its finished
and another in progress

Ian modelling the new granny stripe blanket






Saturday morning breakfast in Canterbury
vintage decor in Brunch
mmm breakfast
lovely vintage decor
Jack took me to Brunch Canterbury for breakfast

Debbie Bliss Rialto DK baby blanket in progress

3 comments:

Crafty in the Med said...

Blanket well modeled Amanda!
Great blanket lovely to snuggle into!
I also like the other one you are making very much too. I admire your tenacity! I seemed to have lost my mojo where blanket making is concerned! tch!

keep well

Amanda :-)
PS:Mediterranean giveaway now open to all.

Jo said...

It's beautiful. I've never made a Granny Stripe blanket, I've got an Attic 24 pack of Stylecraft yarn just waiting to be used though so it might be the next blanket I make. I'm still plodding on with Eleanor's ripple at the moment though. How lovely to be taken out for breakfast, it looked scrummy.

mamasmercantile said...

A real delightful blanket, well modelled. A wonderful treat to be taken out for breakfast.