Monday, 11 August 2014

Cinema, popcorn and brick lane bagels

It was Jack's birthday on Friday 8 August and he requested a cinema family night out so I booked for the Imax at Greenwich 02. I wasn't that impressed with the seats and the price but it was a good evening and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was a good choice. It wasn't suitable for young kids or babies so I was surprised people had taken kids to see it. We rounded it off with hot salt beef beigels in the good old Beigel Bake in Brick Lane. I've been going there since I was a year old, well my dad is a London cabbie :-)

Here are some photos I took. I hope you had a good weekend despite the heavy downpours.

hot beigels in Brick Lane, London
Jack in the queue
hot salt beef, yummy
Costa Coffee bar in Greenwich 02 Odeon complex

6 comments:

moonstruckcreations said...

We went to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes for my daughters 16th Birthday a couple of weeks ago, but at a humble Showcase cinema! I have to say that I rather enjoyed it - even though I didn't think that I would!

Helenxx

Angel Jem said...

Happy Birthday!
We went to see that film a couple of weeks ago and I'm still getting my head around it. I loved the story, and the apes were fantastic actors!
The beigel bar sounds brilliant. I wish we had a decent one near us.

Emma Elliott said...

Happy birthday sounds like a lovely evening I really want to see that movie too :D

mamasmercantile said...

What a wonderful family trip, that hot beef looked tasty.

Jo said...

Happy belated birthday to Jack. It sounds like a great family night out, especially rounded off with those delicious beigels.

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy Birthday to Jack, glad that you had a great time! xx