Saturday, 21 September 2013

making, baking and finishing things (granny stripe blanket)

Today was a day for making, baking and finishing things - quite productive.

As I type the first batch of chilli jam is cooling/stetting next to me before the next batch goes on. That's three batches in a week, not all for me. I've made some for the Macmilian coffee morning (or rather afternoon) a friend has planned and thought it would help rather than baking. But this afternon I was in the mood for baking and made a batch of jam tarts, yummy, and just in time before Ian went off on his night shift. Nothing beats home made cakes.


And this morning whilst he was asleep I finished my granny stripe blanket - pictures to follow shortly.I'm pleased with it but can't wait to start my sisters one tomorrow, lets hope its completed for Christmas (oops I said that word and in September!)

Right gotta get back to bottling up the chilli jam. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I've got a batch of tomato apple jam to make in the morning. Amanda x

bright and lovely granny stripe blanket

5 comments:

Angel Jem said...

Granny stripe. ... Just started mine yesterday and already the daughter has claimed it as her own!

eight by six said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crafty in the Med said...

Hello Amanda

I've never heard of chilli jam! Would it be sweet and spicy?

Cakes look wonderful as you say there's nothing like home baked!

Lovely striking colours which makes a vibrant blanket. It will draw attention for sure :-)

keep well

Amanda :-)

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Hi Amanda - your granny stripe blanket caught my eye - it looks just right for our cottage in Scotland but unfortunately I don't really knit or crotchet - but seeing your blanket has made me want to learn!

Jo said...

Your blanket is fabulous, so bright, happy and cheerful. You've finished it just at the right time as the weather is supposed to change at the end of the week, it's supposed to get colder. I haven't made a granny stripe but I love the look of them, I think I may have a go at one in the future.