Friday, 8 April 2011

a quick end of week update

Not sure if I told you about a great little window sill propogater I bought in Wilkinsons the other week. It's large enough to fit 5 little compartments (comes with these) and it works better than my heated one. And the best thing is that it only costs £3! I did some tomato seeds in it last Sunday, checked tonight and one has germinated so the others must be almost ready to pop up. I've kept it in my dining room as its south facing, most of my seeds are started off in there. Saying that the ones I did almost 2 weeks ago outside in my 2 tier plastic cold frame are doing very well in this warm weather and the sweet peas have germinated. Monty Don said a couple of weeks ago that Spring sown ones are all he does. I feel another sow seed Saturday is on the cards for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jo said...

I've got more seeds I want to sow too. I don't know if I'll have time this weekend though, I'm busy with other things.