Saturday, 12 March 2011

new venture

It's been a while since I posted an update, I've been quite busy. Last weeks Iwade Village Market saw the launch of Sister Spice, a new venture with my sister Danielle. We wanted to add another foodie table to the market and came up with the idea of selling our home made chilli jam, dried spices, gift sets and fresh grown herbs. Because of the time of year we bought in some larger herbs which sold very well wrapped in hessian.The first market went really well and we plan to be back for the 3rd April.

I've taken lots of large orders for my little lavender bags/sachets and I'm trying to keep up with them all in my evenings after work.

some tasters!

signs made by brother-in-law Bob (we took 2 orders!)

5 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Wow - fantastic stuff! Wishing you all the very best for the future in your new venture! Will you be doing mail order?

eight by six said...

I sell my lavender bags on eBay and I've had so many orders in the past two weeks. This venture is only for local events, nothing too grand. The spices could be posted as they are sealed in little packs (5 for £2) with a free recipe card.

Jo said...

Hope you do really well with your new venture. Your stall looks well set out and interesting, I'm sure you had the crowds flocking round.

eight by six said...

thanks Jo, we did quite well for the first one. I'm having a quiet day doing some crochet to relax. Hope your weekend isn't too busy.

bears footprints said...

wow you have been busy, great looking stall shame i wasnt a little closer as i would have definatley be looking around it.Its amazing though how much energy it uses up so have a nice relaxing weekend x