Wednesday, 19 January 2011

my new wellies!

I wasn't planning on buying much for myself this January then Ian received an email with a great bargain; and being a woman I love a good bargain! So I am now the proud owner of my first (and last) pair of Hunter wellies! Just need some wet weather to try them out, never thought I actually want it to rain!

I sold my first lavender bag today on eBay, so was pleased some of my fabric stash came in handy and I love making them. I have a little industry going on in my dining room in the evenings when I have time. I'm now making applique ones with hearts for Valentines day, they are so cute. I won't get rich making them but they will make the buyer happy and that's the object isn't it? Amanda x

5 comments:

Jo said...

Your wellies are fab, though I hope you don't get to try them out this weekend, I want some fine weather! Good luck with your little business venture, I can tell you're enjoying making them so that's all that matters really.

eight by six said...

thanks Jo x

Green Lane Allotments said...

I bought some new wellies this year too but nothing as grand as yours.

Well done with the lavender bags reminds me of my teaching days when we used to make them when we had a Tudor day at a place near us called Clarke Hall - we all dressed up as Tudors/Stuarts and did crafts and cooking from the period - it was great fun. The lavender bags weren't as neat as yours though.

eight by six said...

I've been trying to justify buying them all day! Thanks for your comments about the little lavender bags, I bought some new fabric today naughty me.

mrsnesbitt said...

I have a pair of builder's rigger boots!!! You know those tan coloured ones worn by builders? Ace! Bought them through hubby's business so free to me! I am not daft you know! lol!