Friday, 12 November 2010

tree ornaments

My sister bought me a Cath Kidston sewing book for my birthday in May which has some great templates. When browsing the John Lewis web site for ideas earlier this week I saw these winter birds and thought I can make that with the template I have! So this Sunday I plan to make some time for crafting. I don't know about you but I have various knitting + crochet projects on the go at the moment, my favourite is a crochet scarf for me and I'm using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino + Rialto. I found the idea in a crochet magazine, its an easy one and gets me used to changing colours and then adding tassles at the ends. I took delivery of six new balls this morning that I was lucky to find on Celtic Cove the colour is better than in the picture. Enjoy your weekend. Amanda x

2 comments:

Jo said...

I hope you enjoy your crafting time tomorrow, and I look forward to seeing the birds you make. I'm sure they'll be lovely. Don't forget to show us your scarf when it's finished. I wish I could crochet, there's some great crochet patterns out there.

eight by six said...

Thanks Jo. The scarf is growing slowly day by day. I only taught myself last Dec so I'm not that good yet. I love the way you can create such pretty stiches with just a crochet hook. I'm in the middle of housework and keep finding other things to do that are far more creative :) enjoy your weekend. Amanda x