Friday, 19 November 2010

Knitting for Norma

I found a new blog web site last week whilst browsing around someone elses and I wanted to tell you about a new scarf pattern published today. The web site is Hand Knitted Things and the garments are beautiful and the pictures colourful. Seeing this pattern made me buy some wool today, not that I need much of an excuse! So hopefully I can knit this next week after I have finished my knitting for Norma gloves. I've named them Norma as they are a present for her for Christmas. Pretty, simple fingerless mits in Patons Jet red/pink and I changed the pattern to incorporate my favourite stitch, Moss stitch, at the tips. Right hand is made and sewn up and looks + fits beautifully. I changed my needles to a size 5 and this kept the gloves slightly smaller and neat stictches.

6 comments:

CraftyHelen said...

The scarf looks great - if only I could get the hang of knitting in the round!

eight by six said...

I've never tried but will give it a go. BTW your wreaths are lovely, did you settle on a price?

Jo said...

I'll check out the link when I get chance. The mittens are lovely, I like moss stitch too.

eight by six said...

thanks Jo. I managed to get the wool on eBay for the scarf:)

Jille said...

Have just discovered your blog. I love the mittens! Thought that I may try your banana loaf too!
Jille x

eight by six said...

Hi Jille - thanks for popping by. I've finished that pair of mittens tonight and have started a blue pair for my niece Megan! The loaf didn't last long, my son ate most of it!