Sunday, 12 September 2010

Autumn planting

This afternoon I plan to plant some purple sprouting broccolli red spear (I forgot to grow some from seed so bought some plug plants this morning) swiss chard bright lights and some spinach plugs that Debbie gave me. That should keep me going for an hour or so, beats housework! Well it's too nice to be inside today, 20deg outside. Only 4 weeks until we go on holiday and we planned the canal route this morning, so exited! Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law Bob who turns 40 today, welcome to the 40 club! Have a great day. Amanda x

3 comments:

Jo said...

Happy birthday to Bob. I bought some Savoy cabbage and spring green plugs but they're still waiting to be put in. There's also some purple sprouting broccoli, chard, cavolo de nero and curly kale already in. I'm hoping that I get more from the allotment this winter than I did last year.

mangocheeks said...

Thats a good idea to plant some extra plugs. All my winter brassicas got nabed by the imposing white cabbage butterfly and caterpillars, so perhaps I should go and ventre to the garden centre this weekend. ONly a matter of time my tiny plot will start looking bare :(

eight by six said...

The purple sprouting broccoli gave me 12 plugs! I managed to squeeze them all into my small plot. Hopefully my new allotment space will be ready this Nov so I can start planning :)