Tuesday, 10 August 2010

It feels more like Autumn today than summer. I've just got over a nasty chest infection and felt quite chilly today. So I got home and started to plan my autumn birthday presents for my friend and my mum. I recently bought some lovely luxury merino wool in the sale and it's so lovely to crochet with. I started one scarf tonight, sadly the camera doesn't pick up the texture and colour very well, it's sage and is so soft with a sheen to it. Normally I start a long foundation chain for the actual length but discussing this today with Debbie at work she suggested I try doing it the other way and so I gave it a try. After getting my brain into gear it actually worked and is much neater than doing it the other way! I just made it up as I went along. It won't grow so quickly but I can take it to work and do a few rows in my lunch break. Maybe just maybe this year I will work out how to do a granny square! I've tried several times and failed. I need to find a crochet class to teach me. Enjoy the rest of your week and the rain for the garden. Amanda x

No comments: