Sunday, 2 May 2010

A calm house

After a week of not writing very much, now two entries in two days. It's so calm in my house this morning; hubby is at work, son had a sleep over and dogs are asleep in the kitchen. It's raining so will get on with some house chores. The Japanese cherry trees look cheerful against the wet morning, but we need some rain and it saves me having to water the garden today. I made some carrot cake muffins yesterday and they taste delish, just have to stop eating them! Hopefully it will stop raining later so I can go for a walk. I don't mind walking in the rain but wet dog smell is not very pleasant :)

2 comments:

Jo said...

Hope it brightened up for you. It only drizzled here yesterday, and so far it looks like a nice bright day here today, certainly not the washout which was predicted for the bank holiday.

eight by six said...

Oh yesterday it poured and poured but we managed to take the dog for a walk over the fields, the rain didn't stop us. Today we have had some sunshine, lots of rain and even hale stones. I just grabbed ten minutes to water everything in the cold frames and sow some pansies :)