Sunday, 21 February 2010

Garlic planting

There was a break in the weather and I finally got out into the garden today to plant my garlic. First time for me growing garlic, I've heard its much better than shop bought, so thought I'd give it a go. I had already prepared a bed a while back and it was the perfect size. I don't have a big plot as my garden isn't very big. Saying that I manage to grow a variety of veg in the small space I have.

I had some canes and netting so decided to protect the area. I have a pair of collar doves who visit my garden and love picking out newly planted bulbs! Just managed to prune a few things and tidy up before the rain came down. Oh well at least I got some jobs done and it feels better being outside for a few hours.

2 comments:

Green Lane Allotments said...

Garlic needs to be subjected to a cold spell so that the cloves form so hopefully you should have got it in in time.

We plant ours in late autumn firstly in pots in a cold greenhouse - just really so it doesn't get too waterlogged.

eight by six said...

Your reminder last week prompted me to get a move on. Just hope I timed it right. It's still cold here but we missed the snow this w/end. I read somewhere that you can plant it in March. But most people I know planted theirs in the Autumn.