Tuesday, 14 July 2009

A quick look around the garden

I had a meeting this evening so quickly checked the veg patch before I left to sit in the village hall for 2 1/2 hours! I noticed three rows of dwarf beans have broken through the soil today, I'm sure I didn't see them this morning! Not bad for a 19p packet of seeds from Netto. Also the dwarf peas have germinated. Great, more veggies for the next few months.

We are planning a camping trip, well two actually. We haven't had a holiday for almost six years so it was time to do something about that. On Sunday we are off to get a new 4 man tent and camping equipment. First trip will be to a camp site in Sussex in a weeks time then I've found a great site in Cromer, Norfolk. I've never been camping, but for some reason I really fancy doing it this year. Ian has been to most camp sites in the UK, as his family did this most of his childhood. He's surprised that I want to do it. Jack likes camping and the dog will also come along. A proper family camping trip!

Anyway I'll post some photos soon. Amanda x

4 comments:

jennifer said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Margaret

http://howtomakecompost.info

eight by six said...

Thanks Margaret, I'll check your Blog out too. Amanda

Sussex Gardener said...

Just came across your blog and your comment about camping in Sussex. Wondered if you found your campsite via my website? I really enjoy reading your gardening blog and will keep in touch. I have also just started a gardening blog, it's mostly about roses but I will get around to writing about veggies too. Haven't permitted comments yet but you have now given me the confidence to do so. Hope you had a lovely time camping; which site did you go to?

Yvonne
http://sussexgardener.blogspot.com/2009/07/whats-flowering-in-sussex-now-in-late.html

http://www.sussex-southdowns-guide.com/index.html

eight by six said...

Yvonne, thanks for your comments, much appreciated. We are off to www.seabarnfarm.co.uk I found it doing a search on Google. Just hope the weather improves! I'll check out your blog, thanks.