Skip to main content

Hot hot hot

It's hot in Kent today, I don't know how I managed to work in this heat. And it's still hot as I type this blog post (from my new iPhone) and the outside temperature is 30 degrees at 9pm!

This is my office temperature today with two fans going flat out.



Moss was feeling the heat tonight and Ian suggested using a cold wet wash cloth so I used one of my old ones, he enjoyed it and I didn't want to hose him down because he'd just smell of wet dog!


Doesn't he look cute?!

My plants are doing ok and we've been watering morning and night. The cucumbers are loving the heat and we ate our first one last night, really lovely.


As you can see they are growing really well. The plants my sister gave me are over taking the homebase grafted one!



Almost ready to eat.


The salad bar, cues, toms, purple teepee beans and salad bowl. And Moss hasn't touched any of it.

Enjoy the rest of your week and garden. It's too hot for crochet but here's a photo I took on Sunday. 90 granny squares





Comments

SaraJ said…
It was a bit hot to work today wasn't it. But perfect for a glass of wine outside whilst admiring the garden tonight. Your dog looks wonderful. :) x
mamasmercantile said…
That certainly was some heat yesterday, with more predicted for today. Although thunderstorms are also in the mix. Your salad bar is wonderful, I am a great fan of growing in post/bags along the patio.

Popular posts from this blog

Denim Daisy Granny Square construction

And here it is all finished last Friday, just in time for a heat wave! Seriously I do love this jumper and it fits so well with a white t shirt underneath, jeans and flip flops. Just waiting for the cold spell so that I can wear it out (rather than around the garden when its cooled down in the evenings!). I haven't written a pattern as such just some helpful notes from my pad. If people want to know how to construct one have added some notes below. As you know the Daisy Granny Square is the design of Sue Pinner from her book  Granny Squares published 2013. I do love Sue's book, its packed with so many projects and ideas and the photos are beautiful. The daisy granny square pattern is quite addictive and you soon have a small pile of them in no time! I have an idea to make another one for the autumn in the same Debbie Bliss Rialto DK yarn but all edged in shade 90 honey, I have enough in my stash. Construction  Notes:  You need to make 18 grann...

Summer Spice granny blanket pattern

Summer Spice Baby Granny Square Blanket Amanda Hurrell Eight-by-Six©     An easy to adapt granny square blanket, size given is for a baby blanket approx size 65cm x 65cm This is a free blog pattern but an add-free pdf can be purchsed from my LoveCrafts shop Sizes and Materials List Hook Size: UK 4mm (I use Clover brand) Stitch markers: (4) optional Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK (322 yds/295 metres per 100g ball) Tension: 22 stitches to 30 rows to 10cm on 4mm hook Pattern size of approx. 70 cm x 70 cm for baby/lap blanket or why not do a four colour pattern repeat for a larger blanket approximately 140cm x 140cm One each of the following 100g ball Wash care instructions: machine washable 40deg, cool tumble dry, cool iron, can be dry cleaned (I line dry mine) Colours (14 in total) Stylecraft Special DK and Cygnet DK Turquoise (1068) Aster (1003) Buttermilk (1835) Sherbet (10...

Feather & Fan scarf free knitting pattern

This month I'm getting ahead with gifts (dare I say it Christmas in July!) I had some fabulous merino DK yarn in my stash from Biffsugar Yarns in the colourway Waterlilly (225m per 100g) so I decided to knit a simple 4 row feather and fan scarf. The yarn is actually slightly heavier than DK (I think) so the scarf is knitting up beautifully and very soft, snuggly and bouncy. Going green If you would like to knit one I've added my preferred simple pattern below. If you have any questions please contact me via my Instagram account. Materials: Biff Sugar Yarn (Merino DK) shade Waterlilly (200g total) Knitting needles: KnitPro Symfonie 4mm short tips on 50cm cable Pattern: cast on 58 stitches using cable cast on (or your preferred method) Rows 1-8 : Knit all stitches (garter stitch) Begin pattern: Row 1 : Knit Row 2 : K2, purl to last 2 stitches, K2 Row 3: K2 *(K2tog) 3 times, (YO K1) 6 times, repeat from * to last two stitches, K2 Row 4: Knit When yo...