Skip to main content

jams and preserves (hexagonal jam jars)

It's that time of year again when our hard work has paid off and we have lots of fresh veg or soft fruits to make into jams and chutneys. I'll be making a batch of spicy tomato and courgette chutney this weekend, its easy and you can adapt the recipe to suit you. I never had many toms last year due to the awful weather but this year there are loads! I came across this special offer that I thought I'd share with you.

A jam-maker's special! Twenty-four hexagonal glass jam jars with gold or silver lids, all in a sturdy, reusable cardboard jar box plus a choice of 24 specially designed self-adhesive labels. All packed and despatched within 24 working hours and delivered with our fast courier service. 
Fill with delicious home-made jams, preserves, sauces, chutneys and pickles. Then use the box to store further jars, or to transport them! Capacity of jars: 190ml (approx. 1/2lb)
 
Measurements: approx. 9cm high x 6cm max. diameter.  Labels measure approx. 6.5cm x 3.5cm. Choose from several patterns, all commissioned especially for Nutley's from homewares designer Julie Ingham.

Comments

Angel Jem said…
Very useful... hexagons tesselate, yes? What labels did you pick, and I wish I could do preserves. Bonne Maman makes mine for me! X
Eight by Six said…
I haven't ordered mine yet but I like the spotty labels x

Popular posts from this blog

Denim Daisy Granny Square construction

And here it is all finished last Friday, just in time for a heat wave! Seriously I do love this jumper and it fits so well with a white t shirt underneath, jeans and flip flops. Just waiting for the cold spell so that I can wear it out (rather than around the garden when its cooled down in the evenings!). I haven't written a pattern as such just some helpful notes from my pad. If people want to know how to construct one have added some notes below. As you know the Daisy Granny Square is the design of Sue Pinner from her book  Granny Squares published 2013. I do love Sue's book, its packed with so many projects and ideas and the photos are beautiful. The daisy granny square pattern is quite addictive and you soon have a small pile of them in no time! I have an idea to make another one for the autumn in the same Debbie Bliss Rialto DK yarn but all edged in shade 90 honey, I have enough in my stash. Construction  Notes:  You need to make 18 grann...

Summer Spice granny blanket pattern

Summer Spice Baby Granny Square Blanket Amanda Hurrell Eight-by-Six©     An easy to adapt granny square blanket, size given is for a baby blanket approx size 65cm x 65cm This is a free blog pattern but an add-free pdf can be purchsed from my LoveCrafts shop Sizes and Materials List Hook Size: UK 4mm (I use Clover brand) Stitch markers: (4) optional Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK (322 yds/295 metres per 100g ball) Tension: 22 stitches to 30 rows to 10cm on 4mm hook Pattern size of approx. 70 cm x 70 cm for baby/lap blanket or why not do a four colour pattern repeat for a larger blanket approximately 140cm x 140cm One each of the following 100g ball Wash care instructions: machine washable 40deg, cool tumble dry, cool iron, can be dry cleaned (I line dry mine) Colours (14 in total) Stylecraft Special DK and Cygnet DK Turquoise (1068) Aster (1003) Buttermilk (1835) Sherbet (10...

Feather & Fan scarf free knitting pattern

This month I'm getting ahead with gifts (dare I say it Christmas in July!) I had some fabulous merino DK yarn in my stash from Biffsugar Yarns in the colourway Waterlilly (225m per 100g) so I decided to knit a simple 4 row feather and fan scarf. The yarn is actually slightly heavier than DK (I think) so the scarf is knitting up beautifully and very soft, snuggly and bouncy. Going green If you would like to knit one I've added my preferred simple pattern below. If you have any questions please contact me via my Instagram account. Materials: Biff Sugar Yarn (Merino DK) shade Waterlilly (200g total) Knitting needles: KnitPro Symfonie 4mm short tips on 50cm cable Pattern: cast on 58 stitches using cable cast on (or your preferred method) Rows 1-8 : Knit all stitches (garter stitch) Begin pattern: Row 1 : Knit Row 2 : K2, purl to last 2 stitches, K2 Row 3: K2 *(K2tog) 3 times, (YO K1) 6 times, repeat from * to last two stitches, K2 Row 4: Knit When yo...