Skip to main content

RHS Wisley re-visited


Housework finished, washing dry, ironing (well that will have to wait) and a pile of un-finished craft projects on the go so now to come back to blog land and get back on track!

I just don’t know where the time goes, do you or is it just me? The older I get the quicker the week seems to fly by!  So with getting older what better way to update you on recent happenings in my life with my recent visit (or should I say re-visited) birthday day out to RHS Wisley with my sister Danielle back on the 25th May. So here in pictures are some of my favourite parts of Wisley. I’ve got so much to blog about to catch up but that will have to wait for another day. Have a great weekend.
Amanda x
woodland walk

inside the glass house


alliums by the hundred outside the glass house

birthday girl + Danielle

the glass house restaurant where we had a yummy lunch





Comments

Lovely place..... there would be a lot more revisits!
Gaz said…
Wisley is such a fantastic garden, we have been a few times over the years and never fail to find something new of interest!

Gaz
Deborah said…
Looks like a wonderful place to visit :) have a happy week sweetie
well done on stopping on just one blueberry muffin, gold star to you!

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!
Looks beautiful. Looking forward to reading all about your gardening and crafting :)

Popular posts from this blog

Denim Daisy Granny Square construction

And here it is all finished last Friday, just in time for a heat wave! Seriously I do love this jumper and it fits so well with a white t shirt underneath, jeans and flip flops. Just waiting for the cold spell so that I can wear it out (rather than around the garden when its cooled down in the evenings!). I haven't written a pattern as such just some helpful notes from my pad. If people want to know how to construct one have added some notes below. As you know the Daisy Granny Square is the design of Sue Pinner from her book  Granny Squares published 2013. I do love Sue's book, its packed with so many projects and ideas and the photos are beautiful. The daisy granny square pattern is quite addictive and you soon have a small pile of them in no time! I have an idea to make another one for the autumn in the same Debbie Bliss Rialto DK yarn but all edged in shade 90 honey, I have enough in my stash. Construction  Notes:  You need to make 18 grann...

Summer Spice granny blanket pattern

Summer Spice Baby Granny Square Blanket Amanda Hurrell Eight-by-Six©     An easy to adapt granny square blanket, size given is for a baby blanket approx size 65cm x 65cm This is a free blog pattern but an add-free pdf can be purchsed from my LoveCrafts shop Sizes and Materials List Hook Size: UK 4mm (I use Clover brand) Stitch markers: (4) optional Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK (322 yds/295 metres per 100g ball) Tension: 22 stitches to 30 rows to 10cm on 4mm hook Pattern size of approx. 70 cm x 70 cm for baby/lap blanket or why not do a four colour pattern repeat for a larger blanket approximately 140cm x 140cm One each of the following 100g ball Wash care instructions: machine washable 40deg, cool tumble dry, cool iron, can be dry cleaned (I line dry mine) Colours (14 in total) Stylecraft Special DK and Cygnet DK Turquoise (1068) Aster (1003) Buttermilk (1835) Sherbet (10...

Feather & Fan scarf free knitting pattern

This month I'm getting ahead with gifts (dare I say it Christmas in July!) I had some fabulous merino DK yarn in my stash from Biffsugar Yarns in the colourway Waterlilly (225m per 100g) so I decided to knit a simple 4 row feather and fan scarf. The yarn is actually slightly heavier than DK (I think) so the scarf is knitting up beautifully and very soft, snuggly and bouncy. Going green If you would like to knit one I've added my preferred simple pattern below. If you have any questions please contact me via my Instagram account. Materials: Biff Sugar Yarn (Merino DK) shade Waterlilly (200g total) Knitting needles: KnitPro Symfonie 4mm short tips on 50cm cable Pattern: cast on 58 stitches using cable cast on (or your preferred method) Rows 1-8 : Knit all stitches (garter stitch) Begin pattern: Row 1 : Knit Row 2 : K2, purl to last 2 stitches, K2 Row 3: K2 *(K2tog) 3 times, (YO K1) 6 times, repeat from * to last two stitches, K2 Row 4: Knit When yo...