So here it is and the custom order has been received by my customer. I hope she likes it!
To make your own version here are some basic instructions (very basic as I haven't got round to making lots of photos but I will for the next one I make)
How to make a granny square scarf like mine
1. make 39 granny squares in your own yarn, colour combo, finishing on round 3 (you will join on round 4) I sew in the dangly bits as I go along to make it quicker at the end.
2. I've used Debbie Bliss Rialto DK in many colours that I have in my stash
3. to join I've used Debbie Bliss Rialto DK Heathers range (denim blue) I really love how this sets off the other colours. This yarn is so soft which is perfect when it will be so close to your skin
4. I used the join-as-you-go method as I find this works for me and I like the little hooks or hinges as I call them. You could use lots of colours to join which I will do for another version.
5. when you've joined all 39 granny squares finish off with one row of granny trebles to neaten up the edges or use double crochet or whatever takes your fancy.
6. finish off with a pom pom on each corner (I do love this bit!)
7. sit back and admire your work!
Here are just a few of the many many photos I took!
You can also see the progress on my Instagram account here
|coffee break in the garden|