Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Yarn bombing (for sixty million trebles)

production line
Last week I met up with Claire to chat about sixty million trebles  project and to get aquatinted. So much better than just a virtual friend.

Anyway I had an idea whilst were were talking and Claire said to post it on the Facebook groups page there and then. I was amazed at how it was accepted in literally minutes (there are over 950 members now and growing plus a silent army of grannies, my mum included!

The idea was to crochet small flowers and tag each one with the hashtag #sixtymilliontrebles (we decided on flowers as we didn't want people getting confused with pink MacMillan hearts) Since then Ellen has made over 80 tiny flowers and I'm way behind with my first ten. I've only started mine late last night and have to say the pattern is addictive! If you'd like join in please visit lusciously loopy for the pattern, it's easy and I bet you can't stop at ten.

tiny flowers





3 comments:

Bridget said...

These are such a brilliant idea x I have somebody from the group doing them for me and I'm going to take them around with my little band of young knitters/crocheters. I would love to do some but there just aren't enough hours in the day are there?

Bridget said...

These are such a brilliant idea x I have somebody from the group doing them for me and I'm going to take them around with my little band of young knitters/crocheters. I would love to do some but there just aren't enough hours in the day are there?

Amanda Hurrell Eight-by-Six said...

I'm making a few in my lunch break and giving them to work colleagues who don't knit or crochet to yarn bomb where they live. Win win situation 👍